WHEREAS alumnae representatives from the 26 National Panhellenic Conference (“NPC”) organizations have been invited to participate in, and those present have expressed a desire to seek rechartering as an Alumnae Panhellenic organization in order to pursue mutual goals; and
WHEREAS, the representatives of the NPC organizations present have expressed a desire to:
- foster Greek Life in Southern Nevada;
- promote cooperation among the NPC organizations;
- support our community through philanthropic endeavors; and
- offer scholarships to worthy recipients or collegiate women interested in Greek life;
- engage in permissible fundraising for the benefit of charitable causes and scholarship efforts; and
- provide networking and social opportunities to its members;
IT IS HEREBY RESOLVED that the purpose of the Southern Nevada Alumnae Panhellenic Organization will be to foster Greek life in Southern Nevada by assisting the local collegiate Panhellenic group as requested, by raising funds to support charitable causes in the community, and by offering scholarships to worthy recipients interested in Greek life; to promote cooperation among the NPC organizations; and to provide networking and social opportunities for its members.
Adopted on this 20th day of July, 2010.